Dear students, (guest) lecturers and staff:
On 12 March 2020, the Government of the Netherlands has taken further measures to fight the coronavirus and prevent it from spreading further. These measures are as follows:
- Everyone in the Netherlands: stay home in case of complaints of rhinitis, coughing, sore throat, or fever.
- Avoid social contact. Call your family doctor if symptoms get worse.
- Avoid shaking hands, hugs, etc.
- People throughout the Netherlands are advised to work at home as much as possible.
- Gathering, meetings, conferences above 100 persons have to be canceled at least until 31 March.
- Further the institutions of higher education, colleges universities are requested to provide non-physical, offsite courses, at least until 31 March.
For a small Academy like ours, these measurements have consequences. Therefore, the board of the FAA has decided to cancel all the classes until the end of March. We hope that from April our classes will resume unless there are further instructions not to do so by the government.
In the coming days, the deans of each school will communicate with you --either directly or via our office for further instructions concerning the practicalities both for lecturers and students.
Let us keep hoping and believing that in such times like this, let us remain hopeful and, at the same time, careful. I wish you all the best.
Dr. Samuel Lee