ABOUT FOUNDATION ACADEMY OF AMSTERDAM
Foundation Academy of Amsterdam is located at CEC Building on the second floor. CEC accomodates educational insititions.
Who can study at Foundation?
Foundation Academy of Amsterdam offers alternative higher education, which is tuition-free or in some cases very low budget academic education. Foundation is established for the following persons:
1) Migrants with low incomes, domestic workers, refugees & stateless people anywhere in the world, especially in Europe who cannot attend a regular university, but they are willing to further their education in the fields of Human Rights, Global Studies and Theological Education.
2) Minorities in any society who are discriminated due to race, gender, religion or lifestyle and therefore the higher education is not accessible to them.
3) Persecuted Christians, pastors and, clergies, church workers and leaders.
4) The citizens of the Majority World (the developing world), who cannot afford to study at a state or private university,
due to high fees and heavy financial loads.
5) Those who cannot afford to study at a regular university due to financial reasons, but they are looking to further their academic education.
6) Human rights NGOs, social justice institutions can refer their members or workers (with their consent) to our Integrated Human Rights Education or Global Study programs.
Foundation Academy of Amsterdam is known for its Integrated Human Rights education and its Global Study education. Foundation's alumni are currently active in Labor Unions, NGOs, and other social movements.
7) Churches and Christian ministries who are looking for a balanced and holistic theological education to train their leaders and their pastors. Foundation has special theological programs and paths that can prepare them either for ordination or for ministry.
Do you belong to any of these groups, and you feel you are called to study with Foundation, then send the office an email
and express your interest and your motivations. Look into our programs and indicate your choice.
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All the programs of Foundation Academy of Amsterdam are fully accredited by International Council of Higher Education www.ichenetwork.net. Further, Foundation is a member of various organizations.
Foundation Academy of Amsterdam is a small non-profit institute of alternative higher education in the fields of liberal arts and humanities. At Foundation Academy of Amsterdam, we offer hybrid education by adapting our programs to the circumstances and situations of our students; we use both traditional and non-traditional methods which allow the students to study at their own pace, place, and timing with guidance and mentorship of our volunteer lecturers.
In Amsterdam, we offer evening classes for migrants and refugees. Foundation Academy of Amsterdam is a platform for personal growth and community enrichment. We don’t have campuses and big classrooms. Our classrooms are homes, offices, internet cafes, even prisons. We use everything we can to transfer knowledge to those who cannot afford it but have dreams to pursue it and the courage to use it for a better world. Academic education should be affordable, accessible, flexible to all the members of the human race across the globe and even free for all! Education should be free for those genius and talented people who for various economic, social or political reasons never had the chance to obtain higher education. We hope through the Foundation Academy of Amsterdam we can play a role in opening the doors of academic education to especially those who cannot afford to explore their skills and talents.