Publication date : 10 January 2019
Level of education: Master's degree or higher
Salary indication: Voluntary
Closing date: 1 March 2019
Are you interested in voluntary work in the academe? Are you willing to share your knowledge with migrants, refugees and stateless peoples specifically in the field of global studies?
At the School of Divinity at the Foundation Academy of Amsterdam, we are seeking a volunteer academic lecturer in the following courses:
Biblical Theology New Testament (this year) or Old Testament (next college year)
Leadership in (multi) cultural context
Church History (worldwide)
World Religions: Buddhism and Hinduism (next college year)
Project and job description
Foundation Academy of Amsterdam is a small non-profit institute of alternative higher education in the fields of liberal arts and humanities. At Foundation Academy of Amsterdam, we offer hybrid education by adapting our programs to the circumstances and situations of our students; we use both traditional and non-traditional methods which allow the students to study at their own pace, place, and timing with guidance and mentorship of our volunteer lecturers.
In Amsterdam, we offer evening classes for migrants and refugees. Foundation Academy of Amsterdam is a platform for personal growth and community enrichment. We don’t have campuses and big classrooms. Our classrooms are homes, offices, internet cafes, even prisons. We use everything we can to transfer knowledge to those who cannot afford it but have dreams to pursue it and the courage to use it for a better world. Academic education should be affordable, accessible, flexible to all the members of the human race across the globe and even free for all! Education should be free for those genius and talented people who for various economic, social or political reasons never had the chance to obtain higher education. We hope through the Foundation Academy of Amsterdam we can play a role in opening the doors of academic education to especially those who cannot afford to explore their skills and talents.
· You have or are about to finish a Research Master degree in social sciences, or related to the disciplines mentioned above.
· You have an interest in human rights and in providing education for migrants and refugees and minorities.
· Your written and spoken English is good/excellent.
· You are willing to work as a volunteer at Foundation Academy of Amsterdam
· You are willing to mentor online students (not more than 3 at the same time).
· You are willing to periodically give lectures in the once a week evening classes, as the course duration requires.
· You are willing to attend faculty/staff/ or general meetings periodically.
· You willing to write and publish articles in journals under the name and emblem of Foundation Academy of Amsterdam.
· If you are a Ph.D. candidate or intending to be a candidate, you may use this opportunity of volunteer lecturing as an internship project, depending on your Ph.D. supervisor and the institution in which you are a Ph.D. candidate.
You may direct informal inquiries to: Mrs. Laura Dijkhuizen (Academic Dean School of Divinity) email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
This appointment is based on voluntary work. Foundation Academy of Amsterdam provides transport costs. Other matters are discussable individually.
Does this profile sound like you? If so, we are eager to receive your CV, a letter of motivation (max. 500 words), and the names and email addresses of three potential references.